An update to our valued guests,
Before reopening this month, we established and are now carrying out a comprehensive plan to protect you, our staff, and performers. These are some of the many aspects to Beef & Boards' Responsible Reopening Plan, which follows the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and has been approved by both the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the State Health Department.
Responsible Reopening Procedures
- Masks Required: We are abiding by Mayor Hogsett's order requiring the public to wear a mask when gathering indoors. Anyone who is not wearing a mask will not be admitted into the theatre. All Beef & Boards staff are required to wear masks at all times. Guests may remove their masks only while dining at their table.
- Smaller audiences: We are temporarily reducing the house size to a maximum of 250 guests.
- Guest Screening: When guests arrive, their temperature will be taken with a touchless scanning camera. Guests with abnormal temperature readings (100.4 or higher) will not be admitted to the theatre.
- Seated distancing: With the temporary reduction in audience size, we will be adjusting the spacing of our guests to provide greater distance between parties.
- Table Service: For the near future, the use of our buffets be discontinued. Our traditional buffet fare will be plated and served by our wait staff, who will be wearing protective gear.
- Sanitizing stations: Touchless hand sanitizer stations will be available immediately upon entering the theatre.
- Breathe easier: We have installed germicidal lighting inside our air handlers to kill any viruses in the air.
- Surface Sanitizing: We will continue ongoing sanitizing of door handles, chairs, tables, handrails, and other frequently touched surfaces. We are also using a virus vaporizing service regularly throughout the entire building, to kill viruses on all surfaces.
- Restrooms: We are also increasing the frequency of daily restroom cleaning and sanitizing, including prior to intermission and the end of each performance.
- Gift Shop: For the immediate future, our gift shop will remain closed to avoid guests coming into close contact with each other.
- Keep your distance: Distancing of 6 feet will be indicated on the floor of the lobby.
- Air Filtration : We are filtering the air inside the theatre with an industrial HEPA filter between shows.
- Plexiglas protection: We will provide a Plexiglas shield between guests and our box office employees.
- Healthy habits: We will continue to monitor the health of our staff to ensure anyone with symptoms is not coming to work. We ask that our guests also remain diligent in self-care, including hand washing and monitoring their health.
While some of these precautions were in place before we had to close, rest assured we are continuing to add layers of safeguards to do all we can to protect the health and safety of our guests, staff, and performers.
What you can do: We encourage all our guests to maintain safe distancing of six feet from each other, wash hands frequently, and wear a mask.
The Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre Family